6 Nights / 7 Days
Between 5-20 people
5 nights in top-rated hostels and 1 night in a 4-bed night ferry sleeper.
Unmissable activities included for every city on the route as well as a library of incredible optional extras to choose from.
This trip only creates 53 kg of carbon emissions! To fly the same route would cost 229 ♻️
Our Greece 2020 route is a fast-paced tour of some of the country’s most awe-inspiring destinations. Experience authentic European backpacking, travelling with a small group of likeminded people, staying in hostels and travelling on public transport with an experienced guide.
You’ll have either one or two nights in each city, making this the ultimate fast-paced tour of some of Greece’s best. With unmissable included activities and an exciting library of optional excursions as well as plenty of opportunities for self-guided exploring, this is the ultimate way to experience all that this amazing region has to offer.
Travelling with you throughout, your tour leader will ensure your trip goes smoothly; making sure you arrive in each destination safely. They’ll also co-ordinate essential and optional activities such as walking tours and pub crawls- not to mention making sure you’ve got a cold beer waiting for you upon arrival in each hostel.
Euroventure take all the stress out of travelling so that you’re free to relax and enjoy your trip!
Chania (2 Nights)
Kick off your tour in stunning Chania! Often referred to as ‘the Cretan soul’, it’s easy to fall in love with this coastal town’s sapphire waters, twisting cobbled streets and bustling waterfront restaurants. Meet your Euroventure tour leader and head out to explore whilst the rest of your group arrives. Later on, head for an evening of traditional Cretan food, drinks, and music by the waterfront at Chalkina restaurant.
The next day, opt to go on a boat cruise to the jaw-dropping Balos Lagoon and Gramvousa from the nearby Kissamos Port. Spend the day swimming in the crystal-clear waters before heading back to Chania to enjoy some free time to explore. Why not grab an optional ticket to the Attikon outdoor cinema to see a blockbuster film, or watch something a bit more cultural at the Kipos showing in the National Garden. Then, head to Daliani Street for pubs and bars.
On your last day, start with some free time to explore either alone or with your group. Try local cuisines at the Agora food market or visit a local bakery for some traditional Greek bougatsa before heading for your night ferry to Athens.Chania Guides
- Included: Chalkina Restaurant
- Optional: Balos and Gramvousa
- Optional: Elafonisi Beach
- Suggestion: Listen to live Cretan music in Chalkina in the Old Port or Adespoto
- Suggestion: Daliani Street for typical pubs and bars
- Suggestion: Visit Agora local food market
Athens (1 Night)
Athens is one of Greece’s most popular destinations for a reason- a hotspot for culture, history and traditional art, this is a city that should be on any explorer’s bucket list.
Your first morning in the city starts with some free time to explore. Head out and take in some of the capital’s vibrant street art, walk around Syntagma square and see Evzones Acropolis. Next, meet the rest of your group for an included tour of Acropolis and the Parthenon- two of Greece’s most treasured landmarks, before heading out for more free time in the afternoon. Grab a bite with a view on Apostolou Pavlou Street, walk to the top of Filopappou Hill for stunning sunset vistas or head for drinks and live music at Kapnikarea or A for Athens Bar
The next day, get an early start to head to your next Greek location, Zakynthos!Athens Guides
- Included: Acropolis & Museum
- Optional: Athens Pub Crawl
- Suggestion: Visit Syntagma Square, the Parliament and the Evzones Acropolis
- Suggestion: Check out the Graffiti street art around the city
- Suggestion: Head to Apostolou Pavlou Street to eat overlooking the acropolis or try typical Greek food at Iliostasio Thisio on Herakleidon Street
- Suggestion: Visit Monastiraki Square + Filopappou Hill
- Suggestion: Visit Kapnikarea on Christopoulou street for live music sessions
Zakynthos (2 Nights)
Zakynthos, home to the world-famous Zante town, is an exciting blend of world-class nightlife, ancient culture and golden sandy beaches. With so much to see and do, this is the perfect place to finish off your whirlwind tour around one of Europe’s most incredible countries.
Your first day begins with free time to explore or spend time with your travel group at the hostel. If you want to head out, we recommend walking around Zante Town to familiarise yourself before heading up to Bohali Castle for a jaw-dropping view of the Greek coastline.
Early the next day, head out as a group to see the jaw-dropping Shipwreck of Navagio Beach. Photographers- this may well be one of your favourite stops of the tour. White sand beaches and perfect-blue waters play host to an incredible abandoned Freightliner which makes for some amazing snaps. Later that evening, get ready to lap up the nightlife of Zante town on an included bar and club crawl, with each destination informed by a local guide.
On your final morning in Zakynthos, you’ll prepare to depart this incredible country and say goodbye to your travel group- for now, at least!Zakynthos Guides
- Included: Shipwreck of Navagio Beach
- Included: Euroventure Zante Pub Crawl
- Suggestion: Walk around Zante Town & Bohali Castle
- All overland transport tickets from the first to the last city, as shown in the key
- Mixture of trains, night trains, night ferries, buses and local transport
- Accommodation in top-rated, centrally located hostels or hotels, tested by us.
- Walking directions between the stations and your booked accommodation.
- At least one included unmissable activity in every city
- Free time to either explore with the rest of your group or alone.
- Optional activities suggested by local guides.
- Peace of mind with alternative travel included if there is a strike or similar disruption.
- A tour leader well-travelled in each of the destinations on the tour.
Questions & Answers
Don't see the answer you're looking for?