1 week / 8 days
Group Size & Age Range
Between 5-20 people aged 18-35
7 Nights in top-rated hostels
Unmissable activities included for most cities on the route as well as a library of incredible optional extras to choose from.
This trip only creates 42.7 kg of carbon emissions! To fly the same route would cost 317.8 ♻️
Our group trips are the perfect way to explore Europe in a safe, sociable and authentic way. Travel with your group and tour leader via public transport and stay in top rated local hostels. There’ll be several unmissable activities which are included in your price – but there will also be other optional activities on offer. We’ve also included a few free days throughout your trip, so that you can chill out and do whatever you fancy!
Your tour leader will be an experienced traveler who has spent time in all of the cities on your route, making them the perfect guide to the fantastic destinations you’ll visit.
From the Berlin’s bustling nightlife to the laid-back ruin bars of Budapest, our Iron Curtain group tour is a week-long deep dive into Europe’s most amazing destinations.
You’ll have up to three nights in each place, allowing you plenty of time to explore all of the historic sights, beaches and nightlife. On top of this, there is also an unmissable included activity in most cities. Tried and tested by our Euroventure travel experts and informed by local guides, these are some of the most unique and exciting things to do in each location. And, for those who want to really see what a city has to offer, we also offer a library of optional extras– showcasing some of the most authentic experiences available in each destination.
Throughout the trip you’ll get plenty of free time to explore at your own pace, taking in the sights either alone or with your group. You’ll also have the support of a dedicated tour leader who is experienced in travelling the destinations you will visit to give you a real insider’s view of the place you’re staying.
Berlin (2 Nights)
Berlin is the capital of cool- one of the most fascinating cities in Europe and a hub of incredible food, drink and nightlife. The place that used to be the embodiment of division in the world has become a celebration of unity. Berlin isn’t your typical tourist playground; it’s tolerant, eccentric, artistic and ultimately pretty awesome!
Whether you want to check out Berlin’s world-famous tourist attractions or explore the city’s vibrant up-and-coming areas, Berlin has something for everyone.Berlin Guides
- Included: A trip to the East Side Gallery- the longest remaining stretch of the Berlin Wall
- Optional: Berlin Pub Crawl
- Optional: Hop-On Hop-Off Bus
- Optional: TV Tower
- Optional: Ice Bar + 3 free drinks
- Suggestion: Visit Check Point Charlie
- Suggestion: Climb the dome of the renovated Reichstag
- Suggestion:Discover the nightlife of Schoneberg and Kreuzberg
Prague (2 Nights)
A city that has swept back the Iron Curtain and emerged as a gleaming gem of Central Europe, Prague is a cultural and nightlife hotspot. Beer connoisseurs- this could well be your favourite stop. The Czech are famous for their ability to brew some of the worlds tastiest (and cheapest) Pilsners.
Beer not your thing? Not to worry! There is plenty else to do in this incredible city. Why not try traditional chimney cakes? Or wander the cobbled streets of the Old Town, taking in the sights and smells of one of Europe’s most sensory destinations.Prague Guides
- Included: Sunset Cruise on the Vltava River
- Optional: Prague Castle
- Optional: Prague Pub Crawl
- Suggestion: Marvel at the curvy design of the dancing building
- Suggestion: Take in the views from Prague Castle
- Suggestion: Try all the Czech Pilsner beers in the old town pub
Vienna (1 Night)
One of the most visually stunning cities in Europe, we can’t put into words how much we recommend a trip to Vienna.
A romantic getaway for a couple of any age or even a cultural break for a group of friends, the Austrian capital is not a destination to miss on your travels.
Be sure to try out traditional Schnitzel and Apple Strudel whilst you’re here- although you can get these dishes anywhere, the original, and the best, can still be found in Vienna!Vienna Guides
- Included: Prater Park/Paddleboarding (season dependent)
- Optional: Schonbrunn Palace Guided Tour
- Suggestion:Visit the Spanish riding school of Vienna
- Suggestion: Eat real Apple Strudel and Wiener Schnitzel
- Suggestion: Go to a classical concert in a city renowned for music
Budapest (2 Nights)
Pull into one of Budapest’s many train stations and prepare to be blown away by this Bohemian city. The Hungarian capital is one of Central Europe’s biggest: a bustling and artistic city, overflowing with quirky restaurants, nightlife and stunning architecture.
Enjoy wandering the streets of the Jewish quarter – spotting murals on every corner. We’ll relax in the world famous Szechenyi Baths by day (included), and hit the ruin pubs by night. In your own time, explore the city on two wheels, discover the beautiful architecture of Fisherman’s Bastion and the Hungarian Parliament, or hire a buggy to tour Margaret Island.Budapest Guides
- Included: Soak those aching traveller muscles in Szechenyi Baths after a jam-packed week
- Optional: river cruise
- Suggestion: Explore Budapest’s quirky markets and shops
- Suggestion: Experience unique nightlife with a ruin pub crawl
- Suggestion: Visit the Hungarian Parliament
- Suggestion: Cycle the banks of the beautiful Danube
- All transport tickets from the first to the last destination
- Any Interrail or Eurail passes if required, based on the best value for you
- Seat reservations on high-speed rail and night trains
- Accommodation in top-rated, centrally located hostels tested by us
- Tons of essential activities, such as tours, day trips, and historic sights
- Breakfast in some hostels (depending on availability)
- Free arrival drink in every hostel with a bar
- Transfers to and from the hostel and included activities by public transport
- The option to do additional walking tours, pub crawls and other activities
- Peace of mind with alternative travel included if there is a strike or similar disruption
- A Tour Leader to travel with you and coordinate your trip throughout
Questions & Answers
Don't see the answer you're looking for?