7 Days / 6 Nights
Between 5-20 people
6 nights in top-rated hostels
Unmissable activities included for every city on the route as well as a library of incredible optional extras to choose from.
Our Italy 2020 route is a fast-paced tour of one of the world’s most awe-inspiring destinations. Experience authentic European backpacking, travelling with a small group of likeminded people, staying in hostels and travelling on public transport with an experienced guide.
You’ll have between two days and an overnight stay in each city, making this the ultimate fast-paced tour of some Italy’s best. With unmissable included activities and an exciting library of optional excursions as well as plenty of opportunities for self-guided exploring, this is the ultimate way to experience all that this amazing country has to offer.
Travelling with you throughout, your tour leader will ensure your trip goes smoothly; making sure you arrive in each destination safely. They’ll also co-ordinate essential and optional activities such as walking tours and pub crawls- not to mention making sure you’ve got a cold beer waiting for you upon arrival in each hostel.
Euroventure take all the stress out of travelling so that you’re free to relax and enjoy your trip!
Rome (2 Nights)
First stop, Rome! Not only one of Italy’s most sought-after destinations, but one of the most important and culturally rich cities the country has to offer. Meet your tour leader and the rest of your group before taking some free time to get to know them. Walk the vibrant Trastevere neighborhood, climbing the hills of Gianicolo Park before the ever-popular Colosseum Pub Crawl that evening.
The next morning you will visit the world-famous Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine to soak up some culture and explore some of Italy’s most incredible landmarks. Then, why not head to the Vatican City, the world’s smallest country and the home of the Pope? The Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Basilica, the Vatican Museums and more await you inside. The rest of that day is completely up to you! Continue to explore the city’s bars, restaurants, and parks or book onto an optional street food tour with a local guide before leaving the city the next day.Rome Guides
- Included: Colosseum Roman Forum & Palatine
- Included: Colosseum Pub Crawl
- Optional: Vatican City Museum Pass
- Optional: Make your own Pizza Cooking Class & Lunch
- Optional: Street Food Tour with local guide
- Suggestion: Take a long walk through Colosseum, the ruins of the Foro Romano, Via del Corso and the Trevi Fountain
- Suggestion: Go for a walk in the Trastevere neighbourhood and climb the Gianicolo Park overlooking Rome
The next day is jam-packed with things to see and do as you leave Rome and head onwards to Florence. First stop- Siena, an authentic taste of Italian life outside of the major cities, enjoy your free time here in Piazza del Campo, the town’s main square, marvel at Siena Cathedral and walk around the old town.Siena Guides
- Suggestion: Piazza del Campo, Siena Cathedral and walk around the old town
Next stop, Pisa! Visit the famous leaning tower and get the mandatory tourist snaps of you propping it back up before enjoying some free time to head out and try local delicacies. We recommend eating at one of the city’s many street food vendors.
One final train journey for the day and you’ll arrive at your next stopover destination. Steak lovers- this is one that will really excite you.Pisa Guides
- Included: Leaning Tower of Pisa visit
- Suggestion: Grab some street food at one of the town’s many vendors
Florence (2 Nights)
Ah, Florence. Home to intricate architecture, winding streets and mouth-watering steaks, the capital of the Tuscany region does not disappoint. No matter what your interests, this is a city that will have something for you.
Start your first morning in the city with free time to explore. We recommend strolling Florence Cathedral, Piazza Della Signoria (try to find the Michelangelo face), Ponte Vecchio and the Porcellino Fountain being sure to touch the nose for good luck. Want to kick off your time here with some activities? Book on to optional trips to marvel at the artwork of the Uffizi Museum, have a picnic in the charming Boboli Gardens or sample some of the region’s best on a Chianti afternoon Wine Tour.
Feeling hungry? Florentine steak is some of the world’s best. Find your nearest steakhouse and order some whilst you’re here- trust us, you won’t be disappointed. But don’t fill up too much! That evening the group will go for all-you-can-eat aperitivo to sample delicious Tuscan cuisine before heading to your next destination.Florence Guides
- Included: All you can eat Aperitivo
- Optional: Uffizi Museum
- Optional: Boboli Gardens
- Optional: Chianti Afternoon Wine Tour
- Suggestion: Marvel at Florence Cathedral,
- Suggestion: Try to find Michelangelo’s face at Piazza Della Signoria
- Suggestion: Check out the Pig Fountain and touch the snout for good luck
- Suggestion: Take Bus 12 from SMN to Piazzale Michelangelo & San Miniato Abbey to enjoy the view of Florence
Your next stop will be Verona, the setting of Shakespeare’s masterpiece, Romeo and Juliet.
Arrive in the city mid-morning with a chance to explore Piazza Erbe before Climbing the Lamberti Tower with the rest of your group to enjoy the view. Then, walk to the House of Juliette to touch the statue of Juliet’s breast (it’s for good luck, we promise) taking pictures from the famous balcony before walking along Castelvecchio.Verona Guides
- Included: House of Juliet
- Suggestion: Visit Piazza Bra, the Arena or Piazza Erbe for a break with an aperitivo
Venice (2 Nights)
On to our final Italian destination of the tour- Venice! Known for its twisting waterways, picturesque sunsets, and unique culture, this is one of our most popular destinations- and it’s easy to see why!
Spend your first evening here with some free time to walk the Grand Canal. Venice’s main waterway looks spectacular at night, so why not grab some gelato and spend time watching the lights of the many boats that pass.
Your first full day begins with some time to hit any of the sights you didn’t get to the evening before. Why not head to St. Mark’s Square and take a look at the stunning architecture? Or, wander the twisting canals and waterways that the city is built upon. Feeling creative? You can also do an optional Venetian mask decoration course, making the perfect memento of your time in this incredible city.
That evening, you’ll take an included tour of the canals on one of the city’s famous Gondolas. This is a quintessentially Venetian mode of transport and gives a completely different perspective on the city.
That evening, say goodbye to the other group tour members with a farewell party and pub crawl at ANDA Hostel before you depart the following morning.Venice Guides
- Included: Gondola Ride
- Included: ANDA Pub Crawl
- Optional: Venetian Mask Decoration Course
- Suggestion: Walk around the city – seeing the Grand Canal, Venetian Ghetto, Bridge of Sighs, St Mark’s Square and the Ponte Rialto
- All overland and night ferry transport tickets from the first to the last city, as shown in the key.
- Accommodation in top-rated, centrally located hostels or hotels, tested by us.
- Walking directions between the stations and your booked accommodation.
- Unmissable included activities.
- Free time to either explore with the rest of your group or alone.
- Optional activities suggested by local guides.
- A personalised travel booklet with maps, language guides, top tips, and more.
- Access to our 24hr emergency phone number while you’re away.
Questions & Answers
Don't see the answer you're looking for?