6 Nights / 7 Days
Between 5-20 people
5 nights in top-rated hostels and 1 night in a 4-bed night ferry sleeper.
Unmissable activities included for every city on the route as well as a library of incredible optional extras to choose from.
Our Scandinavia 2020 route is a fast-paced tour of some of Northern Europe’s most awe-inspiring destinations. Experience authentic European backpacking, travelling with a small group of likeminded people, staying in hostels and travelling on public transport with an experienced guide.
You’ll have either one or two nights in each city, making this the ultimate fast-paced tour of Scandinavia. With unmissable included activities and an exciting library of optional excursions as well as plenty of opportunities for self-guided exploring, this is the ultimate way to experience all that Scandinavia and the Baltics have to offer.
Travelling with you throughout, your tour leader will ensure your trip goes smoothly; making sure you arrive in each destination safely. They’ll also co-ordinate essential and optional activities such as walking tours and pub crawls- not to mention making sure you’ve got a cold beer waiting for you upon arrival in each hostel.
Euroventure take all the stress out of travelling so that you’re free to relax and enjoy your trip!
Copenhagen (2 Nights)
Your tour begins in the magical city of Copenhagen- Danish capital and the home of ‘Scandi cool’. You’ll meet your Euroventure tour guide and the rest of your group before heading out to explore. Wander down to the harbour to experience the colourful heart of Copenhagen or drink at one of the city’s many bustling microbreweries. In the evening, you’ll join your new travel buddies to take on the Copenhagen pub crawl– be sure to sample a traditional Danish Pilsner or two along the way!
Kick off your second day with either free time exploring the city or one of our two incredible optional activities- marvel at the luxury of the renaissance Rosenborg Castle or enjoy stunning aerial views of the city from the viewing platform of Our Saviour’s Church. Then, why not grab some lunch at the Reffen Street Food Market before exploring the weird and wonderful Superkilen Urban park? In the evening, the group will take a river cruise where you’ll get the chance to see the famous ‘Little Mermaid’ statue before heading to Tivoli Gardens– the world’s second oldest and most exciting amusement park.
For your last morning in the city, why take an optional trip to Amalienborg Castle, home to the Danish Royal family? Not your thing? We recommend using your free time to pay the city’s lush botanical gardens a visit, grabbing some snacks there before your train ride to Stockholm that afternoon.Copenhagen Guides
- Included: Copenhagen Pub Crawl
- Included: 1-Hour Canal Cruise including a visit to the Little Mermaid Statue
- Included: Entrance to Tivoli Gardens, one of the worlds oldest theme parks
- Optional: Visit Rosenborg Castle
- Optional: Visit Our Saviour’s Church for aerial views of the city
- Optional: Visit Amalienborg Castle
Stockholm (2 Nights)
Hej Stockholm! Home to cobbled streets, breath-taking architecture and unmissable activities, this vibrant city is not one to miss. After checking in to your hostel you’ll have time to explore your latest destination, wander the streets of the Old Town down to the harbour or head into central Stockholm to grab something to eat.
The next day begins with an included trip to the Skansen open-air museum and Nordic zoo, giving you the perfect opportunity to lap up some old Swedish culture before optional activities begin that afternoon. From there visit the Vasa Museum and learn the bizarre history of the world’s most sophisticated 17th-century warship or live your Swedish popstar fantasy with a trip to the world-famous ABBA museum. That evening, take some time to chill out in the hostel bar and chat with your group or go for food at Mälarpaviljongen, a floating restaurant on the Riddarfjärden waterfront*.
Want to squeeze as much as possible out of your Stockholm experience? Why not take an optional sightseeing tour of the city’s coastline on an amphibious bus? Or, if you’re hoping for something a little more chilled to end your time in the city, drop by Nystekt Stromming for a taste of traditional Scandinavian food before your night ferry to Helsinki.
*Summer tours only.Stockholm Guides
- Included: Skansen: Open Air Museum & Nordic Zoo
- Included: 24hr Stockholm Transport Card
- Optional: Vasa Museum, home to one of the only remaining 14th Century War Ships
- Optional: ABBA Museum
- Optional: Land & Water Tour by Amphibious Bus
Helsinki (1 Night)
Arrive in the world’s happiest city feeling refreshed after chilling out in the night ferry’s onboard sauna.
After dropping your bags at the hostel, your group will head to the Helsinki Skywheel to experience breathtaking 360-degree views of the city skyline. You’ll then head to the small islands of Suomenlinna, Vallisaari and Lonna on an included island-hopping tour. Discover hidden underground passages, impenetrable sea fortresses and rare wildlife native to the Helsinki coast. That evening wind down with some free time and go and grab a beer or two at the traditional Liberty or Death pub.
Are you a nature lover? Us too! Join our optional half-day tour of Nuuksio National Park on your second day in Helsinki with a dedicated biologist as a tour guide- if you’re lucky, you might even get to catch a glimpse of one of the local Siberian flying squirrels. Or, why not try a relaxing Finnish sauna experience at Kotiharjun, the only traditionally wood-heated sauna in Helsinki? Alternatively, take some free time to further explore the city before saying farewell to the rest of your group that evening (for now, at least!)Helsinki Guides
- Included: 360 degree views of the city from the Skywheel
- Included: Island-hopping to Suomenlinna, Vallisaari and Lonna
- Optional: Nuukiso National Park half-day trip from Helsinki with biology guide
- Optional: Finnish Sauna Experience at Kotiharjun Sauna or Yrjönkatu swimming hall
- All overland and night ferry transport tickets from the first to the last city, as shown in the key.
- Accommodation in top-rated, centrally located hostels or hotels, tested by us.
- Walking directions between the stations and your booked accommodation.
- Unmissable included activities in every city.
- Free time to either explore with the rest of your group or alone.
- Optional activities suggested by local guides.
- A personalised travel booklet with maps, language guides, top tips, and more.
- Access to your itinerary, tickets and documents on the Euroventure App.
- Access to our 24hr emergency phone number while you’re away.
Questions & Answers
Don't see the answer you're looking for?