This is a varied role that has responsibilities across sales, bookings, administration and group tour management and leading.
In terms of sales, it’ll be your responsibility to deliver the excellent customer service required to take all types of customers from their first enquiry through to booking. You’ll be accountable for putting routes together, building customer relationships and maximising sales. You’ll take onboard all your customers’ requirements when using our systems to book all the trains and accommodation in accordance with the route. Together with other travel agents, you’ll report your weekly achievements to your line manager. That means you’ll need a friendly and outgoing personality, plenty of initiative, flawless attention to detail, excellent communication skills and a thorough understanding of our products and options. Your customers will be looking for the trip of a lifetime – they’re relying on you to plan it, sell it and make it happen.
In terms of group tours, you will be responsible for administering and booking all aspects of our group tours. This will involve planning, booking and paying for elements of each group tour on time as well as liaising with customers and suppliers throughout. An essential part of this role is being a back-up tour leader. This means that you need to be willing to (with training) fly out to Europe to lead a group tour in an emergency if the allocated tour leader is unable to continue. This involves being responsible for a group of up to twenty 18-35 year olds, taking the group from city to city, using public transport, ensuring the group are having a good time and dealing with any emergencies. This is a back-up role and as such it is not expected that you would need to fulfil this function very often.
About the company:
Euroventure are the Interrailing Experts. Our customers are from a range of ages and backgrounds, though most are UK based backpackers aged 18-30.
We’ve been putting European backpacking trips together since 2012 and have come out of the COVID pandemic stronger than ever! The driving force behind this amazing growth is our outstanding team and amazing customer service. As we approach our 11th anniversary we’re looking for more multi-talented, multi-tasking travel-aficionados to join our expanding team.
About the Team
We’re a small and friendly team and most importantly, we love what we do:
– We work together to build and grow the business every day.
– We constantly take the initiative to learn and broaden our skills in a work environment that’s always evolving.
– We encourage each other to try new things – and to try again if it doesn’t work.
– We thrive off the excellent reviews we receive – we are passionate about delivering the best possible experience for our customers.
– When we’ve delivered our best work, we know how to relax. We are a sociable team with an excellent work/life balance.
The role is full time, averaging 5 days per week on a 3 week rota. This includes working at least 2 out of every 3 weekends (Saturday and Sunday). You will work 8 hours per day, starting between 0800 and 1000 and ending between 1600 and 1800 depending on your shift.
Key Sales and Bookings responsibilities:
– Go above and beyond for your customers
– Achieve your sales targets by working together with other members of the team and building excellent relationships with your customers.
– Create and sell trips according to customers’ wishes via phone, web chat and email. Give advice and accurate information about accommodation, journeys and destinations.
– Keep on top of your own bookings by following sales procedures: follow up potential sales and bring in maximum revenue possible whilst maintaining a friendly, professional approach.
– Minimise loss of profit as a result of errors, oversights or miscommunications. Handle communication with excellent attention to detail and keep detailed notes on your customers’ requests.
– Put together paperwork: create and send accurate booking summaries, invoices and receipts.
– Book trains using our industry standard rail reservation systems
– Book accommodation in our partner hostels and hotels.
– Follow up your sales by collecting customer feedback and reviews.
– If necessary you will take responsibility for your own mistakes, learn from them and ensure you – and others – don’t repeat them.
Key Back-up tour leader responsibilities:
– Be on call to lead group tours of up to twenty 18-35 year olds at short-notice in Europe.
– Take part in full training to learn our products, sales processes and company values.
– Continue your learning proactively every day while you’re on the job.
– Answer general enquiries via phone and web chat.
– Process phone payments.
– Be part of the duty out-of-hours rota which means, when duty, answering the out-of-hours telephone number for urgent calls from customers facing a problem on one of our trips
– Handle complaints and tricky situations in a confident, calm and professional manner.
Working for Euroventure:
– £22,000 to £25,000 per year depending on experience.
– 31 days paid annual leave.
– Access to travel partner discounts for your own travels including at our sister company – GOAT Roadtrip.
– To work in an informal environment.
– The opportunity to work in a challenging and exciting workplace, with a dynamic, fun group of people.
– The chance to travel for work if you excel in your role.
– Plenty of opportunities for development. You’ll get lots of chances to train, learn new skills and develop your travel career.
As part of the Euroventure Sales Team, it’s essential that you be:
– Detail oriented: you’ll have excellent attention to detail, particularly when dealing with numbers and be used to keeping meticulous notes, ensuring they are properly communicated to others where necessary.
– A graduate, or school leaver with at least one years’ office experience – you’re used to using phone and IT skills in a professional context, including working knowledge of Microsoft Excel for day to day tasks.
– A quick learner: You take information on board quickly and remember details easily.
– Adaptable: You can deal with unexpected situations confidently and calmly. You can be counted upon to resolve situations, even when you don’t have all the information to hand.
– A people person: you have customer service experience and love building relationships with your clients. You’re confident and comfortable talking on the phone even in tricky situations and you have a friendly, professional email style.
– A great communicator: you can explain travel plans clearly and concisely both via email and phone. You excel at the consultation process – handling complex itinerary changes in a clear way.
– Excellent under pressure: You can multi-task easily, working both quickly and accurately.
– An independent worker: you can manage your own workload – you try your best to finish your work each day wherever possible, keeping customer response times to a minimum.
– A travel aficionado: you’ve travelled (ideally backpacked) Europe and beyond, and you’re full of experiences, stories and advice to share with your customers.
– Committed: You’re willing to work anti-social hours (for example bank holidays and weekends) on the understanding that you are directly contributing to the company’s success.
Additional Requirements (any of these are desirable and will give your application an advantage)
– Previous sales experience in a customer or business facing environment.
– Language skills – proficiency in any European languages.
– Content creation skills – experience in creative writing, photography and editing, film-making and editing. Experience using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro or InDesign.
– Time spent living or working abroad – in depth experience of other cultures gained while spending a significant period of time in a foreign country/countries.
– Experience using CRM – Customer Relationship Management software, e.g. Zoho.
– Experience using travel agency booking systems – e.g. Galileo, Travelport etc.
– Excellent music taste…
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £22,000.00-£25,000.00 per year
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com