Marketing Intern (part-time)
Are you looking for hands-on experience in a marketing related role? We might have the internship you’re looking for!
We are looking for a self-motivated intern with an interest in marketing, communications and social media management. Joining our small team of 7, you’ll assist the marketing manager with day to day tasks and gain real experience of what it’s like to market a modern, online based company. Since we’re a small start-up, you’ll need to be a quick learner with plenty of initiative and a healthy dose of creative flair.
Reporting to our marketing manager, you’ll be responsible for various tasks – from day to day admin to longer term projects:
- Assisting with social media posts, e.g. writing tweets, instagram captions, responding and engaging with users.
- Tracking social media engagement, e.g. use of hashtags etc.
- Use of graphic design software e.g. Adobe Photoshop, Indesign and Canva to create images and social media posts.
- Creating weekly reports to track social media statistics.
- Taking part in and running Twitter chats.
- Writing blog posts, assisting with contacting guest writers, ensuring web content is up to date.
This role will suit someone who is self-motivated, engaged and keen to gain real experience. We can guarantee you’ll come away with genuine skills and a real taste for how social media marketing works, but you’ll have to be willing to set your own targets and work independently.
No one piece of experience is an absolute requirement, but the ideal candidate will have:
- A degree (either completed or in progress) in marketing, PR, or a related subject. Any degree can be relevant though, you’ll just have to tell us how your degree has helped you gain the skills you need.
- Knowledge of graphic design software such as Adobe creative suite and Canva.
- Previous experience of creative/persuasive writing, samples available to send through. You’ll need to be familiar with different writing styles, and able to adapt your writing to fit our company voice.
- Experience of working in a small office environment.
- An analytical approach – you will need to enjoy creating campaigns, measuring their impact & improving them for next time.
- Bucket loads of initiative. We will happily offer guidance, but you’ll be working independently and will be free to develop your own role as you choose. As a result, you need to be self-driven, happy to contribute ideas and enjoy thinking up new projects for yourself.
Please note that as this is an unpaid role, we’ve decided to offer it as a part-time position in order to work around existing commitments such as another job or studies. We totally understand that an unpaid role has limitations for most people, so we are willing to be flexible in terms of working hours. Please let us know what your restrictions will be upon applying (e.g. if you are working around a 2nd job).
For more information or to apply, please email email@example.com with your CV and a covering letter explaining why you’re right for the job.