If you’re thinking about booking a Euroventure, but worrying about the costs, fear not! It’s always daunting spending a big chunk of cash on something, but believe us when we say that you’ll never regret it! Spending money on travel will bring you something that possessions never can – new experiences, new friends and incredible memories. With that in mind, here are our top tips for looking after your money when you’re abroad – both before you go and while you’re away!
Budgeting while you’re away isn’t the only thing to think about! You can also maximise how far your money goes when you’re booking the trip itself. We know that it’s never easy to save up, but at Euroventure we want everyone to experience travel, which is why we try to make it as easy as possible to pay for the trip of a life time! Here are our tips for getting the best deals before you go:
Before you start, have a think about how much you’re willing to spend and which places you can realistically visit to stay within budget. Have a look at some of our other packages to get an idea for our standard priced trips and if your priority is to travel as cheaply as possible, feel free to ask one of our friendly team about creating a custom quote. By creating a bespoke trip, we can try to maximise your exploring time while sticking to your budget. Here are some general tips for saving money on your trip:
- Stay in hostels rather than hotels, particularly if you are travelling alone – all our hostels are really comfortable and more sociable than hotels!
- Eastern Europe is generally a lot less expensive than Western Europe, so you’ll be able to spend longer travelling for your money.
- Don’t cram in too many destinations, it’ll be more expensive and you won’t get chance to see any of them!
- Avoid night trains if money is the priority as they can actually make your trip more expensive, particularly at short notice.
- Take a look at our ultimate guide to travelling Europe by train to make sure you make the most of your Interrail pass!