13 days / 12 nights
Group Size & Age Range
Between 5-20 people aged 18-35
12 Nights in top-rated hostels
Unmissable activities included for most cities on the route as well as a library of incredible optional extras to choose from.
This trip only creates 80 kg of carbon emissions! To fly the same route would cost 478 ♻️
Our Balkans route is a fast-paced tour of some of the region’s most awe-inspiring destinations. Experience authentic European backpacking, travelling with a small group of likeminded people, staying in hostels and travelling on public transport with an experienced guide.
You’ll have between one and four nights in each city, making this the ultimate fast-paced tour of the Balkans. With unmissable included activities and an exciting library of optional excursions as well as plenty of opportunities for self-guided exploring, this is the ultimate way to experience all that this incredible region has to offer.
Travelling with you throughout, your tour leader will ensure your trip goes smoothly; making sure you arrive in each destination safely. They’ll also co-ordinate essential and optional activities such as walking tours and pub crawls- not to mention making sure you’ve got a cold beer waiting for you upon arrival in each hostel.
Euroventure take all the stress out of travelling so that you’re free to relax and enjoy your trip!
Budapest (1 Night)
A magnificent Eastern European city to explore – Budapest is really a spectacle by day and night. Think rich homemade foods, craft beers, lit-up buildings and river tours… there is no end to the things you can do in the crown jewel of the Danube.
Check out the ruin bars hidden around the Pest side of the city- These dilapidated buildings have found new life as independent restaurants bars and markets, serving up some of the best food and drinks in the city!Budapest Guides
- Included: Soak those aching traveller muscles in Szechenyi Baths after a jam-packed week
- Explore Budapest’s quirky markets and shops
- Experience unique nightlife with a ruin pub crawl
- Visit the Hungarian Parliament
- Cycle the banks of the beautiful Danube
Belgrade (2 Nights)
The capital of Serbia won’t disappoint you. Visitors from surrounding countries come here for the all-night party scene and friendly atmosphere. Tourists also come to see the world’s largest Orthodox church or just wander around the bohemian town centre of a bygone era.Belgrade Guides
- Visit the 18th Century Belgrade Fortress
- Climb the cobbled streets of Skadarlija
- Float down the Danube on the splavovi party boats
Sarajevo-3 (3 Nights)
Immerse yourself in the culture clash that is Sarajevo, with its bustling markets, colourful streets and friendly people. This historic city has a distinctly Turkish feel, adding to its unique atmosphere. They say no one ever visits Sarajevo just once – you’ll leave understanding why.Sarajevo-3 Guides
- Included: Total Siege Tour
- Wander round the Ottoman quarter & explore the Turkish Bazaar
- Take a tour with a local guide to find out about the city’s turbulent history
- Sample crazy Bosnian nightlife (with some compulsory Rakja)
Mostar (1 Night)
Mostar is a bucket list destination – Bosnia at its most beautiful. The famous bridge which links two sides of the river was destroyed in the war, but carefully rebuilt to its former glory. Discover how a once war-torn town built itself back up – you’d never know from it’s friendly people, beautiful buildings and amazing food and drink.Mostar Guides
- See the famous Mostar Bridge
- Visit the mosque that sits above the river Neretva
- Shop for handmade crafts in the bazaar
Kotor (2 Nights)
Nestled amongst the mountains and hidden from the ocean behind a stunning bay, Kotor is framed by mountains for spectacular views to rival any other. Relax by the crystal clear waters or just wander round the old town and drink local wine. It’s an idyllic place to chill out after a busy few days.Kotor Guides
- Included: Kotor Boat Trip
- Hire a boat and sail round the beautiful Kotor bay.
- Take a trip out to the beautiful Lovcen National Park just a few miles away.
- Take the bus to Perast and visit Our Lady of the Rocks monastery.
Dubrovnik is an absolute pearl with its wonderful marble streets and Baroque buildings, totally recovered after being bombed in 1991. You won’t be anything but awe-struck at its beauty, a medieval city perched against the Adriatic and positively beaming with charm.Dubrovnik Guides
- Included: Sightseeing in Dubrovnik
Split (4 Nights)
Sitting elegantly between the Adriatic and the mountains, Croatia’s second city has two UNESCO World Heritage sites within its walls, a marble waterfront walkway, and a buzzing atmosphere around its bars and pubs.
Split is renowned for its buzzing nightlife, stunning vistas and crystal-clear waters. Be sure to take in to head to the beach on your final night to watch the sun set over your time in this incredible country (and your trip!)Split Guides
- Included: Trip to Krka National Park
- See the amazing ruin of Diocletian’s Palace
- Admire the city as you approach it from the sea
- Stroll along the glittering waterfront
- All bus transfers around the Balkans
- Accommodation in top-rated, centrally located hostels tested by us
- Tons of essential activities, such as tours, day trips, and historic sights
- Breakfast in some hostels (depending on availability)
- Free arrival drink in every hostel with a bar
- Transfers to and from the hostel and included activities by public transport
- The option to do additional walking tours, pub crawls and other activities
- Peace of mind with alternative travel included if there is a strike or similar disruption
- A Tour Leader to travel with you and coordinate your trip throughout
Questions & Answers
Don't see the answer you're looking for?